Motor Legal Service from Unionline
UNIONLINE’s new free Motor Legal Service is designed to save you money, as a GMB member, whilst providing expert support ensuring you get the best service and outcome if you need to make a motor service claim following an accident or damage to your vehicle. The UNIONLINE Motor Legal Service is available to GMB members and their families free of charge.
To make the most of the UNIONLINE Motor Legal Service, you need to call UNIONLINE on 0300 333 0303 and press option 5 BEFORE you call your vehicle motor insurer.
The Service and Benefits to Members
The benefits of UNIONLINE's Motor Legal Service, for GMB members and their families are:
- Full accident management regardless of fault.
- You will receive 100% of any compensation recovered for the member.
- Access to telephone advice on a wide range of motoring issues.
- Dedicated personal customer manager who will deal with your claim.
- Unlimited number of claims.
- An option for a replacement vehicle whilst yours is off the road following a non fault accident.
- Management of repairs to your vehicle at an approved repair centre or a repair centre of your choice.
- Covers you and your family.
- Saves you up to £40 per year (no need to buy this service from your insurer).
- Organise windscreen repairs and replacement.
- Service available 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Service available across the UK and Northern Ireland.
Non fault accident
If you are involved in a non fault accident, your UNIONLINE Motor Legal Service provides a replacement vehicle, organise and handle the repairs, as well as dealing with the recovery of all losses and handling any personal injury claim (provided that your claim possesses reasonable prospects of success at all times).
Fault accident, fire & theft
If you wish to use the service instead of buying your own service, then there may be instances where a higher excess would be payable compared to if they went with their own insurers’ choice of repairer. This will be detailed in your motor policy documentation.
With UNIONLINE’s new free Motor Legal Service, you as a GMB member, may no longer need to purchase additional motor legal cover from your insurer (sometimes referred to as Motor Legal Expenses Insurance by your insurer).
Whilst generally Motor Legal Expense Insurance from your insurer only covers legal costs relating to non fault accidents and excludes any claims against the customer’s own insurer, UNIONLINE can help, regardless of the circumstances of the claim – be it theft, fault, non fault etc…
The service is available 24/7, 365 days per year. The main claims handling times are available from 8am to 7pm weekdays and 9am to 1pm Saturdays.
Outside of these hours, an emergency service operates which can assist you with vehicle recovery in the event of an accident, so you will not be left stranded. Please note vehicle recovery arranged under the scheme will be chargeable to the member but should be recoverable from a comprehensive insurance policy or the person responsible for the accident.
The UNIONLINE Motor Claims Service is operated on behalf of Unionline by Lexelle Ltd – a specialist insurance and accident claims management business authorised and regulated the Financial Conduct Authority (312782) and the Ministry of Justice (CRM3909).
*Subject to rule.